Maria de Dea defied stereotypes by turning into the first feminine congaseiro in Brazil in 1930. She grew to become a historic icon in the Northeast, after her loss of life she was baptized with a brand new title: Maria Bonita. Almost a century after its starting in cangaço, it will likely be honored and give its title to a brand new women’s football competition in the nation.
The Maria Bonita Cup in 2022 shall be held in an unprecedented means, from October 6 to fifteen. It shall be primarily based in Recife and can have eight individuals, six groups from the North East and two different worldwide groups. The competition shall be broadcast by SporTV.
- See different women’s football information
Maria Bonita Cup begins in Recife — Photo: Emerson Paixão / Globo
Among the groups of North-East, they’re Bahia, Ceará, Sport, Náutico, CRB and Botafogo-PB. International groups, in flip, are nonetheless being negotiated via the Pernambuco Football Federation (FPF), the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) and Canmebol.
Negotiations have been happening for the previous few months, the calendar and format have been confirmed, however the occasion to launch the competition didn’t happen till this Thursday afternoon at FPF HQ.
- REMEMBER: In Olympics yr, Pellegrino expands on CBF view: ‘Women’s football must be carried out’
The Brazilian federation and the confederation have even constructed a better partnership in women’s football from 2021. In August final yr competition coordinator Alina Pellegrina participated in an occasion in Recife for the growth of sports activities in the state. He returned to motion this Thursday.
– Women’s football is powerful. I’m very excited to know that one other competition is beginning in the state that has given us so many nice athletes and that we all know the potential. The most essential factor is to know that establishments in the present day have women’s football as a day by day agenda, he mentioned.
Aline Pellegrino defends a possibility in women’s football whereas away in Recife — Photo: Rafael Vieira / FPF
The competition can have monetary awards, however the values haven’t but been printed by the FPF. The topic, nevertheless, answered questions on the distribution of funds per class.
– We heard info that the awards stay in the membership, however usually are not supposed for women’s football. Things shall be totally different at Maria Bonita: The provision states that the award acquired by the membership shall be 100% devoted to women’s football. A membership that doesn’t observe the guidelines won’t take part, mentioned Gustavo Sampaio, the FPF’s director of competitions.
Launch of the Maria Bonito Cup in Recife — Photo: Emerson Paixão / Globo
The competition is meant to advertise a sort of sports activities trade of data. Therefore, along with the performed matches, throughout the occasion, social actions, screenings and grasp courses will even happen.
- Steadfast, Sport acquire entry to the Brazilian women’s sequence A2 after a draw with VF4
At the first stage, eight groups shall be divided into two teams – A and B, wherein the finest two groups from every group will advance to the semifinals of the competition. The successful groups of every elimination duel advance to the finals to compete for the title, as normal.
- Group: three northeastern groups and one worldwide
- Group B: three northeastern groups and one worldwide
- Semi-final: 4 groups
- Final: two groups resolve the title
Model of the Maria Bonita Cup dispute — Photo: Reproduction